Film entry submission opens November 15, 2022. The entry deadline is August 18, 2023. Accepted entries will be announced via email or phone call by September 29, 2023. Complete the form below or submit your film on FilmFreeway. After submitting your entry, you will be contacted by HGFF staff with further instructions on how to submit your film. Film submission methods include:
- DVD/Bluray disk (via post)
- Vimeo link
- mp4/mov file (we will give you an upload link)
The entry fee to submit a film is $35. The entry fee will be assessed in the following manner:
- Submitting with FilmFreeway - FilmFreeway will handle all payments
- Submitting with email - The HGFF Team will request payment via PayPal
- FEATURE films must be over 60 minutes in length
- SHORT films must be under 59 minutes in length.
There is no limit to the number of different films you may submit.
- Jury Award - Feature Film
- Jury Award - Short Film
- People's Choice - Feature Film
- People's Choice - Short Film
- People's Choice - Documentary
Eligible films include works by Greek filmmakers and filmmakers of Greek descent worldwide; films about Greece; Greek and Cypriot productions or co-productions; as well as films by emerging US and local filmmakers with a prevalent Greek theme. Films by Greek directors, writers, and producers; films by Greek actors in starring roles; co-directors, co-writers and co-producers are also eligible. Only film productions completed between January 1, 2021 and October 1, 2023 are eligible.
We can't wait to see your work!
Click HERE for HGFF Rules and Terms
Click the FilmFreeway buttons above
Email us your entry details HERE. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- First & Last Name
- Company (if applicable)
- Email Address
- Title of Entry
- Category (Feature or Short)
- Brief Synopsis of the Film
- Entry method (DVD/Blu-ray or mp4/mov or VIMEO/YouTube)
- Screening Link and password (if applicable)